GREEN FOR LIFE ENVIRONMENTAL USA
White Lake Township's current contract for garbage, composting and recycling is with GFL.
RUBBISH RATES BY YEAR
2021 Rate $193.43
2022 Rate $198.72
2023 Rate $204.14
2024 Rate $209.68
2025 Rate $215.35
| || |
BILLED TO RESIDENT ON
2020 Winter Tax Bill
2021 Winter Tax Bill
2022 Winter Tax Bill
2023 Winter Tax Bill
2024 Winter Tax Bill
Garbage - Green For Life Environmental USA (GFL)
Customer Contact Number: 1-844-464-3587
Contact the Assessing Department for additional inquiries: (248) 698-3300 X-3
Bulk waste - Most items generated by a household can be set out for curbside collection on your waste pick up day (no need to call) including furniture, appliances, mattresses, box springs, and carpet. Please keep bulk items separate from trash and recyclables.
Replacement Carts and Bins - Please call GFL if a replacement cart is needed. Larger recycling carts (w/lids) can be purchased for a fee of $65.00. Residents may purchase a second 95-gallon garbage cart for $75.00 and/or a second 18-gallon recycling bin for $14.00.
- Carpet - Must be cut and bundled into 4 foot sections.
- Construction Debris - Allowed 3-32 gallon containers of construction debris or equivalent.
- Paint (Latex Only) - Mix with kitty litter to dry. DO NOT cover empty paint cans.
- Exempt Items - Tires, rims, cement, and stones are not covered under our current contract.
Yard Waste - April 1st through the first full week in December - Composting is done by a separate truck on the same day. Yard waste is defined as leaves, lawn cuttings, shrub/tree trimmings and the like. Place into biodegradable bags or containers of 35 gallons or less. We enforce a weight limit of 50 pounds.
- Brush and limbs - If greater than 2 inches in diameter must be in bundles no longer than 4 feet in length and not exceed a total of 18 inches in diameter.
- Not considered yard waste - Dirt, sod, large stumps, sand, gravel, concrete, rocks, animal feces and dead animals.
Christmas Trees - Will be picked up the 1st and 2nd weeks in January on your regularly scheduled day. Trees over 6 feet must be cut in half.
Holidays - GFL is closed on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. If your pickup day falls on or after a holiday during the business week, services will be pushed back one day.
Recycling - GFL accepts many items for recycling, for a complete list click here. If you have more items than will fit in your bin you may purchase a can 35 gallons or less and label it "Recycling". To search for alternate recycling options try Earth911.com and visit our local recycling page.
New in 2021, residents may purchase a larger 65-gallon recycling cart for $65.00 by calling GFL at 1-844-464-3587.
Now available. Free curbside clothing and home goods recycling program. CLICK HERE for all the information.