The Charter Township of White Lake is accepting applications for Deputy Treasurer. This full-time position reports to the Township Treasurer and is responsible for the oversight and administration of various banking functions including reconciliations, journal entries and monitoring banking accounts. This position will assist the Treasurer with preparation of the tax roll and property tax procedures as well as assist with the annual audit.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Associates degree or commensurate practical experience in accounting or banking.
- Understands the statutory duties and responsibilities of the office of Township Treasurer.
- Understands general ledger transactions.
- Possess knowledge of on-line banking and bank reconciliations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office. BS&A tax knowledge preferred.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines; must have the ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
The starting salary is $60,606 plus a comprehensive benefit plan including health, dental, optical and life insurance. This position also includes a MERS defined benefit plan and retirement health care savings plan.
The position will remain open until filled. Submit Cover letter and resume to White Lake Township, Attention Human Resources 7525 Highland Rd, White Lake, Michigan 48383 or to email@example.com.
Full job description
White Lake Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer – F/M/D/V